Sometimes lotions and body butters aren’t enough. If you have stubborn patches of dry skin in the winter, try a skin mousse.
Combine jojoba oil, an easily absorbed moisturizer that can strengthen sensitive skin, with aloe vera gel, which has a healing and anti-inflammatory effect on skin. Then add essential oils to treat whatever ails you.
This skin mousse is versatile. The recipe below will heal very dry, sensitive skin or switch up the essential oils to treat a variety of conditions. Refer to The Essential Oils Handbook for information on essential oils that can be used to treat other skin conditions, like eczema or psoriasis.
Skin Mousse for Dry, Sensitive Skin
This easy recipe can be used to treat very dry, sensitive skin, but by using different oils a skin mousse can treat a variety of conditions.
- 3.5 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 4 drops frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops patchouli essential oil
- Combine 3 teaspoons aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon jojoba oil. Stir until the ingredients are combined and the mixture has thickened.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and slack.
- Add essential oils and stir to mix well.
Adapted from Jennie Harding, The Essential Oils Handbook
A Green Routine http://agreenroutine.com/
Like this post? Subscribe to our email list, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Pinterest for more green living tips!